From the Depot Theater Company kitchen, Zach Swenson & Nichole Webb are proud to offer you the recipe for:
Strawberries and Champagne Cheesecake
Prep: 45 min.
Bake: 55 min.+ chilling
- 1 cup champagne or other sparkling wine
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Place champagne in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. Arrange sliced strawberries over the bottom.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch and reduced champagne. Add eggs and egg yolks, beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over strawberries. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.